On Friday, May 8, DeShazo & Nesbitt attorney Tom Nesbitt spoke at the University of Texas School of Law’s 27th Annual Labor and Employment Law Continuing Legal Education Conference. In a presentation titled “The Ethics of Civility,” Tom and his co-presenter, Christopher Hahn of Dell, Inc., reflected on the life of great Austin lawyer, teacher and artist Phil Durst, who died in October. Phil Durst’s civility and humor were key to his effectiveness as a lawyer, and a lesson to all lawyers about their professional duties of courtesy, candor, and cooperation with opposing counsel. Read Tom and Christopher’s paper honoring Phil Durst.
- Supreme Court Rules on Bostock v. Clayton County Georgia
- Tom Nesbitt Speaks at U.T. Law School Labor & Employment Law Conference
- DeShazo & Nesbitt Welcomes Will Palmer
- The New Paid Sick Leave Law and Top 5 Resources for Employers
- EEOC Declares COVID-19 a “Direct Threat” and Provides Critical Guidance for Employers